In between days. The spring and summer selling seasons are well behind us, and the holiday slowdown is well ahead of us (except in some department stores). As the days grow shorter, housing numbers may not be as thrilling as they were in recent months, but the trends remain the same. Compared to last year, sales are regularly up and inventory figures are down, including months of supply. Sales and prices will surely drop, but there is reason for optimism through the end of the year, providing a cure to several years of little to hold on to.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending October 6:
- New Listings increased 2.8% to 1,301
- Pending Sales increased 33.5% to 1,049
- Inventory decreased 28.6% to 16,113
For the month of September:
- Median Sales Price increased 12.6% to $174,500
- Days on Market decreased 28.5% to 101
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 4.0% to 94.8%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 40.1% to 4.0
Weekly Market Report
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.